|Process Flow Chart
2020-2021 Summer Practice Guidelines (Updates Due to Covid-19 Outbreak)
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, our departmental decisions and internship process regarding internships in the summer of 2021 have been determined as follows:
- Our recommendation and preference for our students is on-site internships with taking the necessary personal protection measures in order to obtain a complete working environment and culture in the companies. However, because of the case that we are in, the online internship has been deemed appropriate for only 2021 Summer Term, provided that the relevant firm deems appropriate and the necessary evidence for online internship is provided.
- Students who want to do online internship will be asked for convincing evidence that the internship has been completed at the end of the internship. (Example: Log records of meetings in Zoom / Skype, evidence of online video calls periodically with relevant managers, e-mail messages, screenshots etc.). In the absence of enough evidence for online internship, the entire internship will not be accepted.
- Companies providing online internship opportunities can do internships for a maximum of 20 business days. (This limit is 40 working days for students who can graduate at the end of Spring 2022)
- Social security will be also provided by university for online internship.
- Unlike the internship process, which is applied every year, this year has been given time until the end of the internship period for the delivery of wet signed documents. Students who are unable to attend school even after completing their internship should leave the documents to the department secretary within the first week of classes.
- “Compulsory Internship Application Form” must be filled in and delivered to us by e-mail, without signature / stamp (Res.Asst. Serap Korkmaz or Assoc. Dr. Mustafa Ağaoğlu). The signed version of this form (the student's signature + the company signature / stamp) must be left to the department secretary until the end of the internship.
- In the same way, the unsigned version of the “SSI Assurance Declaration Document” must be filled in and sent to us via e-mail. The signed version of this form should be left to the department secretary until the end of the internship period.
- Some companies may request “state contribution” for their payments to the students. In this case, you have to fill in the “State Contribution Request Form” and the “Unemployment Fund Schedule” within the internship, have it signed, keep the receipts received and leave them to the secretariat at the end of the internship.
- At the end of the internship, you should submit the revised Internship Evaluation Form (signed) to the department with your report. Our online internship students are required to present the relevant information and documents requested above in the report.
- If the department secretariat is closed, you can leave your documents to the secretary of the Environmental Engineering Department on the 5th floor.
1. This regulation is an attachment for “Marmara University Faculty of Engineering Internship Regulation" which is dated on March 6, 2012 and for the students of Computer Engineering Department.
2. The duration and the periods of the Internship
a- Students are required to do an internship for at least 60 business days(12 weeks) during their undergraduate training program.
b- The duration of the internship can be divided into several periods, each of which is required to be at least 20 business days and up to maximum 40 business days.
c- Students can do their internships after the 4th semester.
d- Internships cannot be done on public holidays. A week is considered to be 5 business days. In establishments work on Saturdays as workday, Saturday is also considered to be the business day.
e- Internships can be done during summer vacations and semester breaks (if semester break contains 10 business-days period). Doing an internship during the outside of the summer and semester breaks for valid reasons depends on the decision of the Internship Committee.
f- According to the Regulation of Marmara University Summer School; internship can be done at least 3 working days per week, on the situations like summer school.
3. The Place and Application of Internship
a- The responsibility of finding the place of the internship belongs to the students.
b- Before starting the internship students must obtain the written approval of the Internship Committee. Internships started without the approval of the Internship Committee are not valid.
c- Students can do internships in foreign countries other than Turkey.
d- Students can do internships in other higher education institutions when conditions are appropriate and having the permission of the Chairman of the department. However, the duration of internship to do so, does not exceed half the total training time.
4. A letter written by the department, is given to the student who will do an internship, in order to be forwarded to the relevant managers in the organization. This letter contains information about the aims and rules of the internship.
5. Before the end of the semester students whose date and place of the internship are certain, need to submit the Internship Acceptance Form to the Internship-Committee.
6. Documents Related to the Internship (given at the bottom of this page )
a- Internship Application Form
b- Internship Evaluation Form
c- Internship Report
d- Social Security Form (The students who do not give this information, will assume that all the responsibility belongs to them.)
e- State Contribution Request Form
7. Internship Report is written in English. The report should be suitable to a draft that is published by the department and should be part of weeks in chronological order.
8. At the end of the internship, students need to submit the Internship Evaluation Form (in a sealed envelope) and the Internship Report to the Internship-Committee.
9. Internship Report will be reviewed by Internship-Committee. If necessary, information about the student's internship content is analyzed. As a result, it may be decided as to be completely rejection of the internship or rewriting of the Internship Report.
> Assoc. Prof. Mustafa AĞAOĞLU
> Res. Asst. Serap KORKMAZ
This page updated by Computer Engineering on 11.04.2023 11:37:54